If you’re unsatisfied with the look of your smile, cosmetic dentistry can help give it a gorgeous, healthy glow. Though there are a variety of different services that fall under the cosmetic dentistry umbrella, how can you know if one of them is the right choice for you? Read on to learn how to figure out if cosmetic dentistry is the best option for your smile.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Right for You?
Though cosmetic dentistry is generally incredibly safe and an excellent option for many patients, your dentist will need to make sure that you are a good candidate. Oral health issues like cavities, gum disease, and teeth grinding will need to be treated before you move forward with any cosmetic work since they can pose a threat to the success of your new smile. They may also make treatment uncomfortable. Once your smile is healthy and problem-free, you’ll likely be able to move forward with your chosen procedure.
Even so, it can be difficult to know if cosmetic dentistry is the right option for you. That’s why it’s important to schedule an initial consultation with your dentist. They’ll collect more information about your smile goals and do a thorough examination of your mouth. They will then explain all of your treatment options and recommend ones that best match your needs. Once you’ve narrowed things down, you’ll be able to move forward with your new smile.
Types of Cosmetic Dental Treatments
There is a range of cosmetic dental treatments that your dentist may recommend to fix smile flaws, including:
- Porcelain veneers –These are thin porcelain shells that can correct chips, cracks, gaps, minor alignment issues, misshapen teeth, and discoloration. They cover the entire front part of the tooth and require the removal of a small amount of tooth enamel.
- Direct bonding –Cosmetic dental bonding is cheaper than porcelain veneers but covers many of the same issues. This treatment uses a composite material to correct small flaws and usually only takes one appointment.
- Botox – This treatment addresses the fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth to make your smile look more youthful. Botox does this by relaxing the muscles responsible for these wrinkles.
- Teeth whitening –If your smile is discolored, this treatment can be used to lift stains and give your pearly whites a healthier, more youthful glow.
- Gum recontouring – This procedure removes excess gum tissue to make your teeth appear longer. This gives your smile a fuller, more appealing look.
Cosmetic dentistry isn’t for everyone, but your dentist can help you determine if any of the above services are right for you. Soon, you’ll be showing off a gorgeous grin that you’re proud of!
About the Practice
Darby Creek Dental offers patients of all ages a comfortable, pleasant experience from the moment they enter the office. They offer a variety of preventive treatments to keep oral health issues at bay as well as restorative work to correct past problems. Additionally, if your smile has lost its luster, their cosmetic services can give your pearly whites the upgrade they need to renew your confidence. If you’re interested in setting up an appointment with Darby Creek Dental or have questions about their cosmetic dentistry offerings, call their office at (937) 644-8822 or visit their website.